2012年10月24日 星期三

Live Action Acting Reference for Kate

Hey! I was wandering youtube looking for Kate inspiration, and thought I'd sharea a couple actresses I liked:

My favorite was Phyllis Diller, I think. Her inflections are really tough, and I love her hand gestures. I feel that her type would be really intimidating for Alex- very sarcastic and sure of herself, but you can imagine a kind side, as well.
Phyllis Diller Stand-up Routine
Phyllis Diller at the Bob Hope Roast
Phyllis Diller's Cooking

I was also looking at Maude from Harold and Maude, because she's doing more real acting than standup. I like how she's in command of herself, and she's very eccentric and engaging, though she's less tough than our Kate. I also realized while watching that Harold's akwardness reminded me of a slightly older Alex, especially in the piano one.
If you want to sing out, sing out (Piano)
Harold Meets Maude
Public Property

I couldn't help thinking of the Golden Girls, so I have  a video for Dorothy and Sophia, since I think that our Kate would fall somewhere in-between. She would have more epic delivieries like Dorothy, but move more quickly like Sophia since she's so small.
Best of Sophia
Best of Dorothy

2 則留言:

  1. These are great clips!
    I'm leaning mostly towards Dorothy and Phyllis Diller.

    Love Harold and Maude. great movie!

    Love the direction you are taking her character.

    回覆刪除
  2. Ha ha!! I can really see Kate having a laugh like Phyllis. And Maude is plain nuts, but adorably so.
    Great reference

    回覆刪除