2012年10月24日 星期三

Merbear, Unicorn, Aquarium, Taxidermy, Python

Hey guys, so I've been spending most of my time working on the merbear and unicorn skull, but I also have some ideations of the aquarium with the glowing bugs, weird taxidermy sketches, and also the hanging python skin that swallowed kate's camera.  Let me know what you guys think :).


For the merbear I feel kinda undecided on whether to go with the polar bear or the panda.  The panda would be pretty interesting in my opinion.  If there are any suggestions on what kind of items should be stacked on the bear, feel free to comment on that.


Tried varying up the shapes of the gem stones on the horn, but feel that I can push them further.  The unicorn skull is being displayed on a stand made out of vertebrae bones.

When working on the thumbnails, I was looking up reference of antique aquariums which were often exposed at the top.  They resembled mini enclosed outdoor ponds in a way.

Playing around with plants and maybe some merbear decor...but I can leave them out if they aren't working. Feedback would be great on these ones.

These are old sketches from last week, but initially I thought it would be cool to have the glowing bugs as carnivorous giant isopods.

Some weird taxidermy sketches

For the python, I was trying to play around with how it would be hung as a light source.  For some of them, I thought it would be funny to have Kate's camera still in the python's body.  Any feedback would be great on these :)

This is all I have for now...but i'm definitely going to work on more.  Will try to make rendered paintings of the unicorn skull and the merbear once I have the design finalized.

6 則留言:

  1. The taxidermy jaguar eating the warthog/whatever it is made me laugh! Really cool! And the snake with the skull inside is so clever. I don't know why I like these ones that are eating other things, but awesome! So creative :)

    回覆刪除
    回覆
    1. Oh, that was her camera, lol. My bad! Super funny :)

      刪除
    2. haha, thank you. The leopard is actually eating a baboon :P.

      刪除
  2. I'm liking them... I like the snakes w/ their heads dangling down and their mouths wide open, something like that works well in the composition of the room

    回覆刪除
  3. Kevin, I am impressed. I love the direction you are going. Your taxidermy is amazing.

    回覆刪除
  4. Kickass job Kevan!!! LOVE how absurd these are
    I almost choked on my cereal when I saw that taxidermy two headed squirrel. So freaking hilarious

    回覆刪除